Millennium Award Limited T/A OnlineTrophies.co.uk
The purpose of this policy is to outline the principles of Data Protection and ensure customers of Millennium awards Limited T/A OnlineTrophies are aware of their obligations in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA18).
Your privacy is important to Millennium Award Limited T/A OnlineTrophies.co.uk . This privacy statement provides information about the personal information that OnlineTrophies.co.uk collects, and the ways in which OnlineTrophies.co.uk uses that personal information.
The Data Protection Act DPA18 is the UK legislation implemented as a result of the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which states that ‘the protection of natural persons in relation to the processing of personal data is a fundamental right.’ It confers rights and responsibilities on both individuals and organisations. Therefore, to protect OnlineTrophies and future customers, returning customers and special account customers, any individual handling or processing personal data should be aware of what personal data is, what processing means, and what their duties and responsibilities are so that they act in accordance with the law.
Personal Data means data which relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. This includes any expression of opinion about the individual and any indication of the intentions of the data controller or any other person in respect of the individual Processing means collecting, storing, retrieving, holding, using structuring, filing and destroying personal data as well as the requirement to ensure correct processing of personal data.DPA18 gives people the right to access their personal data, the right to require the rectification or destruction of inaccurate data and the right to have their data treated in accordance with the 6 Data.
- 1. Personal data must be fairly and lawfully processed. You must be transparent, clear and open about the reason for collecting personal data; it is unlawful to collect personal data without a legitimate reason. Be sure you know why you need it before you ask for it.
- 2. Personal data must be obtained for one or more specified and lawful purposes and must not be further processed in any manner incompatible with that original purpose. The data can only be used for the purpose it was collected; it cannot be used again for a different purpose.
- 3. Personal data must be adequate, relevant and not excessive. Request and hold only sufficient data to achieve the stated purpose. Don’t ask for personal data you don’t need.
- 4. Personal data must be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date. You should not knowingly hold or process inaccurate data.
- 5. Personal data must be kept no longer than necessary. Data should only be retained for as long as it is required. If we don’t need it anymore, we’ll delete it.
- 6. Personal data is to be protected by appropriate technical and organisational measures against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss or damage. You must take reasonable steps to ensure the data collected is secure and not accessible by someone isn’t authorised to use it.
Any processing data on behalf of the Millennium Awards TA OnlineTrophies are to act in accordance with DPA18 and the principles of data protection. In the context of the customers personal data may relate to personal details with orders completed and contact details. The DPA also applies to personal data processed on social media platforms.
Personal information collection
- Millennium Award Limited T/A OnlineTrophies.co.uk may collect and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information about your use of this website (including Analytics);
- information that you provide is for the purpose of registering with the website (including Account Customers);
- information about transactions carried out over this website (including Customer Orders)
- any other information that you send to Millennium Award Limited T/A OnlineTrophies.co.uk
Using personal information
Millennium Award Limited T/A OnlineTrophies.co.uk may use your personal information to:
- personalise the website for you;
- enable your access to and use of the website services;
- send to you products that you purchase;
- supply to you services that you purchase;
- send to you statements and invoices;
- collect payments from you;
- send you marketing communications.
- to contact you regarding your order.
- to send order reminder correspondence either by SMS, email or letter.
Where Millennium Award Limited T/A OnlineTrophies.co.uk discloses your personal information to its agents or sub-contractors for these purposes, the agent or sub-contractor in question will be obligated to use that personal information in accordance with the terms of this privacy statement.
In addition to the disclosures reasonably necessary for the purposes identified elsewhere above, Millennium Award Limited T/A OnlineTrophies.co.uk may disclose your personal information to the extent that it is required to do so by law, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights.
Securing your data
Millennium Award Limited T/A OnlineTrophies.co.uk will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
Millennium Award Limited T/A OnlineTrophies.co.uk will store your personal date on its secure servers which is and protected by encryption technology, and for accounting purposes and HMCR requirements, held for seven years where after that the data is erased unless the personal data is of a Special Account Customer. This date will be erased after seven years when the customer ceases purchasing from OnlineTrophies.
[Information relating to electronic transactions entered into via this website will be protected by encryption technology while in transit.]
What to do if you think Millennium Award Limited T/A OnlineTrophies.co.uk holds inaccurate or out of date personal data.
You should contact the holder of that data in the first instance. State what you think they hold and why it is inaccurate or out of date and what your request is (correction or deletion). If you consider that your
request has not been adequately dealt with, please contact the BFA Data Protection Advisor. Please note Millennium Award Limited T/A OnlineTrophies.co.uk will require a reference order number or similar as proof of identification will be required.
Cross-border data transfers
In addition, personal information that you submit for publication on the website will be published on the internet and may be available around the world.
You agree to such cross-border transfers of personal information.
Updating this statement
You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are familiar with any changes.
This website contains links to other websites.
Millennium Award Limited T/A OnlineTrophies.co.uk is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third party.
Data Protection Advisor – Contact Mr R Wilson
Where to get further advice on the Data Protection matters.
Search data protection on the government website www.gov.uk
This document was created using a Contractology template available at www.contractology.com